FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:10 am
Portal » Board index » Off the Boat!

Author
Search for:

Cash on hand:
3,315.00 Points

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:13 pm 
Man is my old butt dragging. I got my two primary rafters in place. It took a while to notch the old trusses and make a template rafters to cut the two I used, one on each end to set my plum :753_hammer_hitting_head: . I also need them to sit 1 9/16 down from the edge of the old roof. That way the new metal will just slip under the old metal and I can seal it with sealing screws and 5200. I won't need to use one of those really bad gaskets, which don't last more then a year or two. the 5200 will be there till hell freezes over and will never leak. I'm using the same metal profile that's on the old roof and siding. But in doing it this way I did make more work for my self, but what the hey. It will be here long after my old butt is 6' under. But like I said MY OLD BUT IS TIRED. sAng_scream My wife was watching this whole thing :1947_eating_popcorn: she even saw when I was fighting to get these 18' 2x8s up there 10 feet in the air, then as I climbed the ladder and the !#+!# thing fell of ,and what does she do sFun_rofl sFun_rofl sFun_rofl then down the ladder got it back up in place nailed a few retainer boards in place . That sob isn't going to fall off again. :605_thumbs_up:

Profile Personal album  

2017 Club Funder

Cash on hand:
3,725.55 Points

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:12 am 
Damn Walt that sounds like a good excuse to go out and get somethin that has hydraulics on It that will lift sFi_wwe !! And I was told a while ago that it does not count as a fall unless there are witnesses and your are dead cold sober :1992_beer_cheer:

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

Profile Personal album  

Jump to: