FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:16 am
Portal » Board index » Off the Boat!

Author
Search for:

Cash on hand:
3,315.00 Points

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:56 pm 
Well guys my butt is tired but I finished putting up the last four rafters for my shop. Man am I glad that part is done I'm getting to old for this sSa_cry4 . I swear those 18' 2x8's are heaverier than they use to be sAng_scream . Here are a few pic's to show you what I've been doing instead of fishing and working on my boat. Which I should be doing. :1898_:

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=110&image_id=671&sk=t&sd=d&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=110&image_id=672&sk=t&sd=d&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=110&image_id=673&sk=t&sd=d&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok what did I do wrong, that their not showing up?

Oh and for you guys that have been following my babies growth, here's two new pic's of how big she has gotten.

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=110&image_id=674&sk=t&sd=d&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=110&image_id=675&sk=t&sd=d&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Profile Personal album  

Classics Expert

Cash on hand:
10,500.50 Points

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:40 pm 
Really nice job on the addition Walt, and the little puppy ain't so little anymore. Looks great!

Profile Personal album  

Cash on hand:
3,315.00 Points

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 pm 
Yea Scott she is 82lbs now and as strong as an ox. :mrgreen: but for a dog that size, she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. she love every body she sees, especially Childern. Man does she love them. Her tail goes 90 miles a hour when a child runs up to her. :605_thumbs_up: As for the shop I can't wait to get it done, so I can get back on the boat. I'm missing some good off shore fishing right now. We have albies up here right now. My favorite fly rod fish. :605_thumbs_up:

Last edited by saltfly on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile Personal album  

2017 Club Funder

Cash on hand:
3,725.55 Points

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 pm 
Damn Walt my back hurts just looking at the roof!! I had the same damn problem with hay bails this summer..L the more we handled them the heavier they got.. sFi_wwe sFi_wwe

What are you gonna cover it with?

That ill pup dog is gonna need one big ass freezer to cool off in :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !! It is great she likes kids, I imagine all they wanna do is hug the fuzzy dog!!

For using the sites gallery, use the little picture icon in the full editor... If you have the gallery open in a different tab you can get the picture you want and then copy the image-url address. Once you go back to the post, and hit the little picture icon then you can paste the image-url into the box that says "enter a link for the image"..

Took me FOREVER to figure that out sCo_hmmthink and I Did a crap job of explaining it.... :504_shrugging:

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

Profile Personal album  

Cash on hand:
3,315.00 Points

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 pm 
Thanks Dav I'll have try that. As for the building, I'm using the same metal that is on the original building. Found a lumber yard that sells it.

Yea she likes the cold. She stays in the house in the summer if she has to go out, she runs out goes and then runs back in. In the winter, we can't get her back in the house and if it snows she runs around like a nut. :mrgreen:

Profile Personal album  

2017 Club Funder

Cash on hand:
3,725.55 Points

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:04 pm 
Is the roof the same style as the siding Walt? I did 5 panel galvy sheets on the Boys house and it went down slick.. Lowes had the panels and they were ok to work with as long as the wind wasn't blowin..... I used an air powered butterfly impact wrench to drive the screws because it had serious RPM for the self tapping screws.. I think I could get away with a 20v driver now, they might be fast enough...

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

Profile Personal album  

Cash on hand:
3,315.00 Points

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:33 pm 
Dav the metal is called fabral. I'm using the same profile as on the original building. That's one reason it's taking me a while on the rafters, they had to be 1 9/16th down for the old metal. Once the pearlones are glued and nailed in place, I should be able to just slide the new metal under the old and seal with 5200. Then I won't need those really bad gaskets they sell for these types of buildings. Also the 5200 will last forever. I won't need to get up on that roof to seal it every other year. :605_thumbs_up:

Profile Personal album  

2017 Club Funder

Cash on hand:
3,725.55 Points

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am 
No kidding man sealing was a @&$#!!! Pain..... Because I didn't know better I used the sticky stuff that was on a tape roll and it was a fight and if the panel hit it before it was set in place? Well, needless to say I figured out a way to put a lot of new ways to express exactly what I thought...

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

Profile Personal album  

Cash on hand:
3,315.00 Points

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:21 am 
Yea Dav that stuff is a pain. They put it in the fridge vent and a third of it has blown out. I get small bits of debris blowing in under the vent. Once I get this shop done I'm going to fix the ridge vent. I have some flashing the same color as my roof. I'm thinking of cutting it in 6"x36" pieces and taking out the ridge screws, a section at a time and slide the flashing under the vent and then put the screws back in. that will add 4" more to the on each side of the vent. That should keep the gasket from blowing out . At least I hope so. sCo_hmmthink

Profile Personal album  

Jump to: