FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Portal » Board index » Aquasport Rebuilds



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author
Search for:
Message

Offline
Member

Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 122
Cash on hand:
816.05 Points

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:06 pm 
Top  
Got another 222 in for a rebuild. She needs everything except maybe the casting deck!

Image

Image

Image

Tried to salvage outside skin but to no-avail..

Image

Image

Image

Got some sweet new 1603 glass. Its real pliable like a straight biaxial and has just enough mat on the back to fill imperfections when lamming onto an old hull surface, and doesn't suck near the resin a 1708 does. Wets out real nice!

Image

Image

Image

Core goes in tomorrow...

 Profile  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Posts: 2190
Cash on hand:
2,633,261.45 Points

Bank:
9,791,707.00 Points

Images: 0
Location: Clearwater, FL

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 pm 
Top  
Nice work as always!

_________________
Bruce
1998 245 Explorer

1987 170 Osprey Striper

"We do NOT want socialized medicine" - Ronald Reagan

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 683
Cash on hand:
3,745.55 Points

Images: 45
Location: Maine

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:58 pm 
Top  
Chris when you have to take the transom skin off and with the all that associated effort involved, how much more would it take to add a 2 foot plug to the hull?

_________________
Dave

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 pm
Posts: 2968
Cash on hand:
2,013,645.00 Points

Bank:
48,320,404.30 Points

Images: 35
Location: Sarasota FL
Blog: View Blog (2)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:40 am 
Top  
looking good, you have a real talent my friend :605_thumbs_up: thanks for sharing it with us.

_________________
My 225 Explorer
Image

 Profile Personal album WWW  

Offline
Member

Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 122
Cash on hand:
816.05 Points

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:32 am 
Top  
Thanks guys :1992_beer_cheer:

@Dave, Id imagine probably another day or 2 of fitting more of that dam material to extend straight off the bottom, and running a bunch of battens back off the hullsides and covering with a layer of formica or 2, then cutting transom angle and setting up another vertical dam.

Glassing would be the bitch, id probably do the bottom and sides in one go then the transom skin the next day...

O by the way, I left that 4" lip all around for 1-to help keep shape and 2-so my outside seam is on the flat of the transom and not on the edge where it would be a pain to glass and fair...

 Profile  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 683
Cash on hand:
3,745.55 Points

Images: 45
Location: Maine

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 am 
Top  
dirtwheelsfl wrote:
Thanks guys :1992_beer_cheer:

@Dave, Id imagine probably another day or 2 of fitting more of that dam material to extend straight off the bottom, and running a bunch of battens back off the hullsides and covering with a layer of formica or 2, then cutting transom angle and setting up another vertical dam.

Glassing would be the bitch, id probably do the bottom and sides in one go then the transom skin the next day...

O by the way, I left that 4" lip all around for 1-to help keep shape and 2-so my outside seam is on the flat of the transom and not on the edge where it would be a pain to glass and fair...


Just wonderin man, the scope of the project is such and the speed that you work it seems to me cats would be smart to ask you to do that for the gain in space... The L&B ratio would change too that I imagine she would drive even easier and be more efficient.. A really big Rescue Minor.....

You're killing it man for sure!!!!!! :605_thumbs_up: :605_thumbs_up:

_________________
Dave

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
Classics Expert
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 1681
Cash on hand:
10,561.50 Points

Images: 28

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:24 pm 
Top  
Chris, beautiful work. PM sent, thanks.

_________________
Miss Delmarva 1973 22-2 With Twin 75 HP Mercs
Image

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
Classics Expert
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 1681
Cash on hand:
10,561.50 Points

Images: 28

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:27 pm 
Top  
Dave, r.e. the stretch, some rebuilders in the Tampa area have stretched a 22 to 24...and 240 Seahunters to 26.
Guess the idea is to go for the Gause-Built customer.

_________________
Miss Delmarva 1973 22-2 With Twin 75 HP Mercs
Image

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
Member

Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 122
Cash on hand:
816.05 Points

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:53 pm 
Top  
I almosttt did it to mine... Im sure ill do one at some point.

I don't think I could do one for the Gause crowd lol. Got more money than sense!

 Profile  

Offline
Classics Expert
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 1681
Cash on hand:
10,561.50 Points

Images: 28

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:54 pm 
Top  
Bud, from what I've seen....you can hold you own on any coast.

Interesting though regarding hull extension.


On the left coast there is a ring cap for an extended 22-2 to 24 feet. Also a 240 Ocean Hunter if you'd like to convert to center console.

Last but not least....a ring cap mold for the 240 extending to 26 feet.

_________________
Miss Delmarva 1973 22-2 With Twin 75 HP Mercs
Image

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 683
Cash on hand:
3,745.55 Points

Images: 45
Location: Maine

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:55 am 
Top  
Scotty it would be cool...

The rule from the old boys the likes of George Crouch and Weston Farmer was to try and stick close to an LB ratio of around 5.. Long and narrow, sea kindly and very easily driven and fast with low power. The old 222 hull form would be perfect for that.. You stretch her out long enough and build light she'd run 15 with 50hp... Check out Robb White's variation of Rescue Minor.. When Chris finally builds that I wanna see it!!!!

_________________
Dave

88 222 Osprey
00 Yamaha OX66 150

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
2017 Club Funder

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 2783
Cash on hand:
10,769.25 Points

Bank:
2,596.45 Points

Images: 2
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:08 pm 
Top  
excellent work! im super jealous if you being able to have a covering for your boats.

_________________
[align=center]Current boat
1984 222CCP
Past Projects
1986 19'6 aquasport-___/\___ 1972 14ft Dargel Scooter-___/\___ 1982 1800 Hydrasports-

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
Member

Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 122
Cash on hand:
816.05 Points

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:38 pm 
Top  
dburr wrote:
Scotty it would be cool...

The rule from the old boys the likes of George Crouch and Weston Farmer was to try and stick close to an LB ratio of around 5.. Long and narrow, sea kindly and very easily driven and fast with low power. The old 222 hull form would be perfect for that.. You stretch her out long enough and build light she'd run 15 with 50hp... Check out Robb White's variation of Rescue Minor.. When Chris finally builds that I wanna see it!!!!


She'd really look like a banana boat at 25ft haha
I think if you kept the shear sloping back another couple feet youd be too low in the stern. Have to bring it back up I reckon...

 Profile  

Offline
Member

Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am
Posts: 122
Cash on hand:
816.05 Points

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:40 pm 
Top  
ceejkay wrote:
excellent work! im super jealous if you being able to have a covering for your boats.


O it would be impossible to get anything done without a cover! Eventually I wanna do something more permanent to fit 2 underneath. Need to get that Intrepid out so I can get the 222 under the big top!

 Profile  

Offline
2017 Club Funder

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 2783
Cash on hand:
10,769.25 Points

Bank:
2,596.45 Points

Images: 2
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:07 pm 
Top  
dirtwheelsfl wrote:
ceejkay wrote:
excellent work! im super jealous if you being able to have a covering for your boats.


O it would be impossible to get anything done without a cover! Eventually I wanna do something more permanent to fit 2 underneath. Need to get that Intrepid out so I can get the 222 under the big top!



and this is why i havent touched my boat. city of sunrise doesnt allow tents or temporary carports. but hey at least i can have a boat. keep us updated, you do great work.

_________________
[align=center]Current boat
1984 222CCP
Past Projects
1986 19'6 aquasport-___/\___ 1972 14ft Dargel Scooter-___/\___ 1982 1800 Hydrasports-

 Profile Personal album  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Jump to:  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 


7,373,044 Views Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group :: Style based on FI Subice by phpBBservice.nl :: All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y