FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:41 pm
Portal » Board index » Welcome New Members, Please Introduce Yourself Here

Author
Search for:

Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 am 
rthornton wrote:
Just bought a 1969 19.1 Osprey. Definately a project boat. Looking to do a complete refinish.

Took boat out over the weekend. Ran really strong. It only has a 70 HP Johnson but it handled really well and plenty fast enough for me. I would estimate I got it to around 30 mph. The original spec for the 69' only calls for a 60 HP believe it or not. engine isn't too heavy so its balanced well with that size engine. The 19.1 is not a true flat back but its pretty close. Great getting into the shallows but it does pound in a chop. had no problems punching through. Waves were about 1-2 ft. Was running near Hart/Miller Island on the Chesapeake. Water very skinny between Hart and Miller. Don't want to run through there. This boat of course was designed for Florida island hopping but it perfect for the Chesapeake too.

Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:52 am 
Started getting things updated on the boat. So far, all the cushions have been replaced using original equipment look of white vinyl and same back rest (original from 69'). One thing that made a big difference is the plexiglas windshield replacement. Took off the old one totally cracked up and replaced with clear plexi. Looks really good. Bottom has been painted. Next up is hull refinishing with Brightside in the Fall. Will post pictures soon. Boat is running great with the 70 johnson. Motor has been totally refinished as well with original decals. Probably does about 30 mph. Only negative on this boat is the low freeboard on the transom. Have taken a few waves over the back. Keeping a bilge pump handy ready to go. otherwise this is a perfect chesapeake boat. I have received more positive comments about this boat than any other I have owned. Its always 40-50 something year olds asking...."what kind of boat is that...like a 75 or 76?" and then I say no its a 69' Aquasport Osprey...they go crazy for it. Can't get them to go away!

2017 Club Funder

Cash on hand:
4,003,596.60 Points

Bank:
130,265,089.00 Points

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:10 pm 
Those are awesome overlooked boats right there. They are much bigger than they appear and more than capable just as their big brother is, the 222. If you noticed something, the 222 is only 2 inches wider than the 19 and the 22 gets stretched all the time. The reverse chine is more stable on a kicking out than the flatback at speed. So in theory, you can stretch that 19 to a 24 if you wanted to and be just fine. Think I might be thinking of stretching my little 19 sCo_hmmthink

1972 22-2 Mod-V (Rebuild status)
1971 22-2 Flatback (Rebuild status)
1971 19-1 (Rebuild status)

Profile Personal album  

Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:31 am 
That's cool- I did not know guys were stretching those out. I'm fine with it being 19 feet because of the trailer I have and also I cover a lot of driving distance so the 19 is good enough for me.

Jump to: