FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 am
Portal » Board index » Welcome New Members, Please Introduce Yourself Here



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author
Search for:
Message

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:20 pm 
Top  
Just bought a 1969 19.1 Osprey. Definately a project boat. Looking to do a complete refinish.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 Profile  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Posts: 2191
Cash on hand:
2,633,266.45 Points

Bank:
9,791,707.00 Points

Images: 0
Location: Clearwater, FL

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:34 pm 
Top  
Welcome aboard! Nice find you have there, she looks like she is in pretty good shape for her age!

Where are you located?

_________________
Bruce
1998 245 Explorer

1987 170 Osprey Striper

"We do NOT want socialized medicine" - Ronald Reagan

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
2017 Club Funder

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 2783
Cash on hand:
10,769.25 Points

Bank:
2,596.45 Points

Images: 2
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:10 pm 
Top  
welcome to the club! it actually doesnt look to bad from the pic. chances are its going to need a full rebuild.

_________________
[align=center]Current boat
1984 222CCP
Past Projects
1986 19'6 aquasport-___/\___ 1972 14ft Dargel Scooter-___/\___ 1982 1800 Hydrasports-

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 pm
Posts: 2971
Cash on hand:
2,013,660.00 Points

Bank:
48,320,404.30 Points

Images: 35
Location: Sarasota FL
Blog: View Blog (2)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 pm 
Top  
Welcome to the Club :1992_beer_cheer: looks like you found a nice one :605_thumbs_up:

_________________
My 225 Explorer
Image

 Profile Personal album WWW  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 am 
Top  
I am located in the Northern Chesapeake Bay. There aren't too many old Aquasports in this part of the country. Its shallow draft is perfect for the Chesapeake. We have lots of "skinny" water around here. I plan to use it for fishing and also crabbing using a trot line which requires a low freeboard boat. Looking forward to the rebuild. I was surprised that this Osprey has never been modified at all right down to the original cushions (which I'm replacing), green windshield and light green interior side walls and even the light on the starboard side transom is all original. Teak rails and swim platform all originally as well. I have decided to maintain its original look from 69'.

 Profile  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm
Posts: 2191
Cash on hand:
2,633,266.45 Points

Bank:
9,791,707.00 Points

Images: 0
Location: Clearwater, FL

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 am 
Top  
Thats a good look if you ask me!

If you want new badges my neighbor at work makes them. I helped with design of them. I think they have them online at boathelpshop.com

_________________
Bruce
1998 245 Explorer

1987 170 Osprey Striper

"We do NOT want socialized medicine" - Ronald Reagan

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
2017 Club Funder

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:32 am
Posts: 46
Cash on hand:
395.60 Points

Images: 4

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm 
Top  
Brave man! :2403_worshipper:
Welcome!

_________________
It's my life... It's now or never...
Image

 Profile Personal album  

Offline
2017 Club Funder
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 1042
Cash on hand:
4,003,596.60 Points

Bank:
130,265,089.00 Points

Images: 58

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:49 pm 
Top  
Awesome boat sSig_cool2 got 2 at my shop right now. 1 you can see in my signature right now. :1992_beer_cheer: When you rebuild her, put up all your picks. We love BOAT PORN..... :1121_wink:

_________________
Kevin
Membership & Marketing
You can never have a big enough Aquasport Navy
1972 22-2 Mod-V (Rebuild status)
1971 22-2 Flatback (Rebuild status)
1971 19-1 (Rebuild status)

 Profile Personal album  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am 
Top  
[album][album][album][/album][/album][/album]
rthornton wrote:
I am located in the Northern Chesapeake Bay. There aren't too many old Aquasports in this part of the country. Its shallow draft is perfect for the Chesapeake. We have lots of "skinny" water around here. I plan to use it for fishing and also crabbing using a trot line which requires a low freeboard boat. Looking forward to the rebuild. I was surprised that this Osprey has never been modified at all right down to the original cushions (which I'm replacing), green windshield and light green interior side walls and even the light on the starboard side transom is all original. Teak rails and swim platform all originally as well. I have decided to maintain its original look from 69'.


Here is another pic of the starboard side. I'm planning to use Brightside Poly on the hull and deck. Do you guys have any recommendations for what to do with the aluminum railings? They are beat up. Not sure if I could refinish it, use a chemical product, wet sand? I really don't want to replace the rails as I'm trying to keep it as original as possible.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Last edited by rthornton on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:11 am 
Top  
rthornton wrote:
[album][album][album][/album][/album][/album]
rthornton wrote:
I am located in the Northern Chesapeake Bay. There aren't too many old Aquasports in this part of the country. Its shallow draft is perfect for the Chesapeake. We have lots of "skinny" water around here. I plan to use it for fishing and also crabbing using a trot line which requires a low freeboard boat. Looking forward to the rebuild. I was surprised that this Osprey has never been modified at all right down to the original cushions (which I'm replacing), green windshield and light green interior side walls and even the light on the starboard side transom is all original. Teak rails and swim platform all originally as well. I have decided to maintain its original look from 69'.


Here is another pic of the starboard side. I'm planning to use Brightside Poly on the hull and deck.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 Profile  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:23 am 
Top  
rthornton wrote:
rthornton wrote:
[album][album][album][/album][/album][/album]
rthornton wrote:
I am located in the Northern Chesapeake Bay. There aren't too many old Aquasports in this part of the country. Its shallow draft is perfect for the Chesapeake. We have lots of "skinny" water around here. I plan to use it for fishing and also crabbing using a trot line which requires a low freeboard boat. Looking forward to the rebuild. I was surprised that this Osprey has never been modified at all right down to the original cushions (which I'm replacing), green windshield and light green interior side walls and even the light on the starboard side transom is all original. Teak rails and swim platform all originally as well. I have decided to maintain its original look from 69'.


Here is another pic of the starboard side. I'm planning to use Brightside Poly on the hull and deck.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 Profile  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 am 
Top  
Front Deck


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 Profile  

Offline
2017 Club Funder

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 2783
Cash on hand:
10,769.25 Points

Bank:
2,596.45 Points

Images: 2
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm 
Top  
that front deck is pretty cool. cant say ive ever seen one

_________________
[align=center]Current boat
1984 222CCP
Past Projects
1986 19'6 aquasport-___/\___ 1972 14ft Dargel Scooter-___/\___ 1982 1800 Hydrasports-

 Profile Personal album  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:14 am 
Top  
ceejkay wrote:
that front deck is pretty cool. cant say ive ever seen one

 Profile  

Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm
Posts: 23
Cash on hand:
225.30 Points

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm 
Top  
wingtime wrote:
Welcome aboard! Nice find you have there, she looks like she is in pretty good shape for her age!

Where are you located?



4/17- just bought the new plexiglass windscreen. Had supplier cut it and I will do the bend this weekend. Motor needed carbs rebuilt but thats all done. Engine runs great now. Sea trialed over the weekend and everything is good. Probably runs at about 30 mph at WOT. Planes very quick with that flat bottom and seems to handle bay chop really well. Next step is to clean and restore the teak. After that I plan to paint the bottom black. Then weather depending I'll plan to tackle the hull refinish with Brightside Polyurethane in white. Its starting to come together!

5/1/17-Took boat out over the weekend. Ran really strong. It only has a 70 HP Johnson but it handled really well and plenty fast enough for me. I would estimate I got it to around 30 mph. The original spec for the 69' only calls for a 60 HP believe it or not. engine isn't too heavy so its balanced well with that size engine. The 19.1 is not a true flat back but its pretty close. great getting into the shallows but it does pound in a chop. had no problems punching through though. Waves were about 1-2 ft. Was running near Hart/Miller Island on the Chesapeake. Water very skinny between Hart and Miller. Don't want to run through there. This boat of course was designed for Florida island hopping but it perfect for the Chesapeake too.


Last edited by rthornton on Wed May 03, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron

FIND US ON FACEBOOK     Friends of the ABC     CLUB CHAT ROOM AND LOUNGE     VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS     ABC CLUB STICKERS 


7,382,999 Views Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group :: Style based on FI Subice by phpBBservice.nl :: All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y